Is my cats stitching healing properly? (post spay)

MilaaGirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it’s been 3 days -vet has used laser therapy on her wound to fasten healing time.

she somehow took off her surgical onesie all by herself

does the wound look normal at this stage?

Attachments

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
It does not look bad in my opinion, just be careful and not let her lick the wound! Best to give her a cone/collar (there are plenty styles) or to get her back in the onesie. My cat also took it off and licked it a few times while we were at work. The wound after, literally looked like your cats now! I called the vet, showed him and I only had to like softly clean it(consider, I live in Romania, here they/we use quite time-worn things)If you are worried about the wound, I advise you to talk to your vet and show this photo. They will tell you to clean it OR NOT and just let it be and covered to heal !
I have to tell you though, that laser therapy really helps with the healing! Had to do laser therapy with a dog that I recently adopted from the kill shelter. He was neutered and the wound... well was not on the "bright "side of the things.. The laser therapy helped the wound to heal! And it was a really bad case.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks good to me. You want to watch for lots of redness, liquid weeping from the incision, and any change in behavior, eating, litterbox, or play habits. I am in the no-cone camp unless it pops open. You can also use a baby onesie, or if she's small enough, the elastic part of a men's tube sock.