Is my cats spay incision healing properly?

MagickalBabe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my cat Ginger spayed 12 days ago and I just took her e collar off an hour ago because her wound looked healed, and she has been grooming since I took it off and I check back and the area is red and slightly bloody looking. Is this normal because she was licking it or should I put her e collar back on for a few more days? She is 6 months old if that helps any at all.

Attachments

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks good, however, slightly irritated. I would put something on her if it were me.
Some people on this site use a cut tube sock instead of the collar of shame, but I don't remember how to make it.
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 , StefanZ StefanZ ???

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes. Could you send the pic to the vet in question (whose paying patient she is). It may also be good with some soothing and or antibiotic paste.

Yes, a cut tube sock may be an alternative. It keeps also the wound protected from dirt, and keep it warm. (sometimes an advantage). And more comfortable than a E-collar.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looks like it could be slightly infected to me. It should not be bloody after 12 days. My guess is she may need an oral antibiotic to clear it.

Definitely get her to a vet. She’s licking it because it’s bothering her, though I’m sure she’s happy to have the collar off.