Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, it’s healing normally

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stan’s Mamma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My main man Stan had a cystotomy and urolithotomy to remove bladder stones on Thursday (first image is from the day after surgery) Today is Sunday (second image attached) The incision seems to be getting red and scabby; and his abdomen feels hard around the incision site. He is eating, drinking water, and going potty normally; and he does not seem to be in any pain. First time cat mamma just trying to do my best for my baby. Am I worrying too much? Or does this seem like it might be infected to anyone else?

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Congrats on being a first time cat mom. It's easy to worry about our fur babies, especially when they're our first ones.

As for the incision, it looks fine to me. I know it's not a spay incision, but there's some pics in this TCS article of normal and infected spay incisions that you can use for comparison. Spaying And Neutering – What To Look For After Surgery

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks fine to me also. Just watch for swelling, redness or weeping. If you are still concerned ask your vet if you can send him the photo for his opinion.