Is my cat’s incision healed or not

H2201

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was neutered 14 days ago and I don’t know how would the incision look if it’s healing or healed, he also has some stone like discharge which is hard to touch and once touched it breaks like sand. Today I saw my cat’s part where the discharge can be seen turned black with some discharge on it. Can someone tell me if my cat is ok?
2FCB6615-6BEA-4AE8-9B59-0CA3F7196154.jpeg
832A818F-680E-4172-A291-41C6A31E4DDD.jpeg
6CB552A0-EDCC-449F-8CFB-0FA1EE4B02AB.jpeg

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It's really hard to tell from the photos, but discharge means a vet visit.
Can you call them and tell them what is happening?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, do call your vet. Any discharge, other than a clear, thin, either straw yellow or pale pink fluid, should be seen by a vet, just to make sure nothing has gone amiss.

The thin, clear fluid is simply serum, and is part of the healing process. It also dries clear, so is not what we are seeing here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

H2201

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's really hard to tell from the photos, but discharge means a vet visit.
Can you call them and tell them what is happening?
I took him to the vet the first time I saw his discharge but the vet wasn’t sure and didn’t really say anything about the discharge she just mentioned that the wound is fine. Yes I will be taking him to the vet again today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

H2201

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, do call your vet. Any discharge, other than a clear, thin, either straw yellow or pale pink fluid, should be seen by a vet, just to make sure nothing has gone amiss.

The thin, clear fluid is simply serum, and is part of the healing process. It also dries clear, so is not what we are seeing here.
Thanks, yes I will be taking him to the vet today!