Is my cat's health at risk?

Nilufer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is pregnant and will give birth in 20 days
But her health condition began to deteriorate, when she sleeps, her nose begins to whistle and her nose moves violently to breathe.
And sneezing constantly
she eats well, and goes about her day normally
But as I said, when she sleeps, her health worsens
I also wanted to mention that I noticed her hair falling out above her eyes as well as the hair in her ears
As in the picture

Attachments

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she go outside?
Are there other animals in the house
Has she had any medicine including any kind of flea and tick topical med
Has anything inside the home changes like cleaning products her litter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nilufer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does she go outside?
Are there other animals in the house
Has she had any medicine including any kind of flea and tick topical med
Has anything inside the home changes like cleaning products her litter
I think she inhaled a lot of dust

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is struggling to breathe and wheezing I think it would be best to take her to the vet to have her checked out.. or if you can at least call the vet and see what they say

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Nilufer Nilufer

If she is struggling to breath then she needs to go to the vet asap. I would call them as soon as you can. Inhaling a lot of dust could cause some real issues for her. Including cause lung infections. A cat inhaling anything into their lungs, be in dust or other can be very dangerous if left untreated.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again Nilufer Nilufer

The more I think of this the more I'm red flagged and the more my gut yells take her to the vet ASAP.

If it's not possible to get her into the vet. Get her to an ER if there is one close enough. I'm not trying to scare you here - or make you panic. Panic does no good. She needs to be seen by a Vet. I have a cat with asthma and if I saw what you are describing - I wouldn't wait too long at all.

Lung infections can turn from bad to worse fairly quickly and if she is headed that way, and pregnant, she's already going to be feeling a bit drained and the babies could start to feel the oxygen deprivation as well.

Pretty much this sounds like she could be moving to dangerous ground. Struggling to breath is not normal in any way.

Take her in.

*hugs you*

Last edited: