Is my cats diet okay??

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I own 2 cats , albus and minnie who are brother and sisters .
I feed them wiskas food mainly , but sometimes i feed more expensive cat food like applaws .
Albus weighs 14 pounds , and minnie weighs 8.5 pound .
I feed a mixture of dry and wet food .
I feed minnie 2 pouches of her wet food , and about 10-15 g of dry food .
And , since albus is overweight he is on a diet from the vet .
He gets 1.5 pouches and 5-10 g of dry feed .
I give them half of the wet in the morning , and then after half an hour i remove it , and a little later i give them dry , and then at night i give them the other half .
So they get to eat the dry when they want .
Sometimes i give them applaws , quite ralier

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
2 of my cats are fed dr elseys mostly. There is sometimes a big sale on chewy. Only cans.my other cat rawz which is expensive but she does not each much and I mix it with something cheaper like miko You might want to check this out.
Catfooddb.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
2 of my cats are fed dr elseys mostly. Only cans.my other cat rawz which is expensive but she does not each much and I mix it with something cheaper like miko You might want to check this out.
Catfooddb.com
Sorry , i don't live in the us .
I live in the uk ..

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vets =/= certified feline nutritionists. Dry food is like sugary cereal for cats, check the links I sent and do a little snooping around on that site; plus a few more to see the facts.
Yep , i did that .

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
You can probably already see that cat diet is one of those topics where people have a wide variety of opinions on what the best food is. Generally wet food is better because of the moisture content and the fact that wet food has less non-nutritious “fillers” like grains, potatoes, peas and veggies. Cats are obligate carnivores, so they don’t benefit much from plants. The best guide is to pick a wet food high in meat-based protein, low in carbs and with few fillers.

Vets often don’t know much about feline nutrition, and it’s common for a vet to recommend dry food. We’ve fed cheap dry food to our guys for years. We changed to a higher quality limited ingredient dry food and our overweight tabby stopped bingeating, became very active and naturally lost 3 lbs over three years. And we still free-fed.

Then we switched to wet food, and our skinny perfect-weight active kitty, Gohan - who had always been pretty healthy - put on some muscle and his coat got super soft and shiny. So even if your kitty is healthy, wet food or higher quality food can really make a difference.

Hope that helps, there is a lot of information out there and it’s hard to find out the best thing to feed.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can probably already see that cat diet is one of those topics where people have a wide variety of opinions on what the best food is. Generally wet food is better because of the moisture content and the fact that wet food has less non-nutritious “fillers” like grains, potatoes, peas and veggies. Cats are obligate carnivores, so they don’t benefit much from plants. The best guide is to pick a wet food high in meat-based protein, low in carbs and with few fillers.

Vets often don’t know much about feline nutrition, and it’s common for a vet to recommend dry food. We’ve fed cheap dry food to our guys for years. We changed to a higher quality limited ingredient dry food and our overweight tabby stopped bingeating, became very active and naturally lost 3 lbs over three years. And we still free-fed.

Then we switched to wet food, and our skinny perfect-weight active kitty, Gohan - who had always been pretty healthy - put on some muscle and his coat got super soft and shiny. So even if your kitty is healthy, wet food or higher quality food can really make a difference.

Hope that helps, there is a lot of information out there and it’s hard to find out the best thing to feed.
Sorry , i didn't make it clear , i feed whiskas , royal kanin and my cats favourite applaws tuna .
Applaws is so expensive though , so i don't feed it oftem , its like £1.29 per pouch!
Applaws Tuna Fillet Cat Food 70g | Pets At Home
Royal Canin Ultra Light in Jelly Cat Food 12 x 85g | Pets At Home
Royal Canin Instinctive in Jelly Cat Food 12 x 85g | Pets At Home
Whiskas 1+ Adult Cat Food Pouches Poultry Selection in Jelly 40x100g | Pets At Home
Whiskas 1+ Adult Cat Food Pouches Fish Selection in Jelly 12x100g | Pets At Home