Is my cat recovering?

Supadupa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,
My cat had 3 days of refusing food, vomiting 3times, and hiding, so I brought him to the emergency vet. We tested his blood and his ALT was 1000 and total bilirubin was 53, so we did ultrasound. The result was Liver Infection.

The vet prescribed antibiotics, zentonil(liver support), a lot of medicines helping him eating and not vomiting. Also, Sodium Chloride has been prescribed.

Just after he took all the medicine on that night, he started to eat a lot and no more hiding. But he was spacing out and standing centre of the room for nothing.
On 2nd day, he eats really well and pee 3-4 times. He asks for more food! Also, played little with his favourite toy. And started to rub on my hand and legs!
On 3rd day, he of course eats well and eats all his favourite treats and even dry food. He is using his toilet normally (probably more due to Sodium Chloride) And started to sit on cat tree and watch outside! Also, his skin is so shinning and soft because he does grooming himself as usual.

I will visit vet again after two days to check his blood. But I think it is a very good sign for his recovering.. Am I the one only hoping or do you think is he really recovering?

Also, I separated with my other cat in case it is contagious. (The vet didn’t ask me whether I have more cats..) but, is it contagious?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Supadupa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Btw, he is 6 years old..

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually, liver problems stem from eating disorders. not actual diseases. Something may have stressed him out and he didn't eat for days, which would cause liver problems. If it's an infection like was diagnosed it could be due to maybe an injury and infection set in, or even high stress again and it lowered his defenses. Let's hope the medicine will cure him permanently. You are the best one to watch for improvement. What you are describing does sound like he is improving well. The spaciness could be from being new to the meds and now his body is adjusting. Refusing food and hiding are BIG indicators of illness or injury, and since he is doing neither, I would say Yes, he is recovering! Further tests will bear this out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Supadupa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Usually, liver problems stem from eating disorders. not actual diseases. Something may have stressed him out and he didn't eat for days, which would cause liver problems. If it's an infection like was diagnosed it could be due to maybe an injury and infection set in, or even high stress again and it lowered his defenses. Let's hope the medicine will cure him permanently. You are the best one to watch for improvement. What you are describing does sound like he is improving well. The spaciness could be from being new to the meds and now his body is adjusting. Refusing food and hiding are BIG indicators of illness or injury, and since he is doing neither, I would say Yes, he is recovering! Further tests will bear this out.
Yes! I went to camping and he was cared by my friend. He seems stressed out and the issue started..
I am glad that someone told me he is recovering! He seems even healthier than when he was normal! I would update the happy news after got his second blood test.