Is my cat pregnant???

WillowKitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is 8 months, we are sure she is 2 weeks pregnant!! But since yesterday she has put her bum in the air like on heat but she has all the pregnancy symptoms?? Is it to do with her hormones changing and do you think she’s pregnant???

Attachments

owiebugman

maow maow
Young Cat
Purraise
I think its very possible she can still be pregnant! My queen is in labor right now and had stuck her butt up just like that all throughout her pregnancy.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
The good news is she is still early enough to spay. It is very safe to spay a pregnant cat and with her age and size it would be a good idea to do so.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Do you have reason to think or do you know that the cat has mated? If there is any possibility that she did, she is more than likely pregnant. She is also very young to have a litter, so I will post some information which may help you with the pregnancy and the early days of kittens. Remember that you can get help here as this progresses. While it is early, give some thought to how you will find homes for the kittens. Do you have a vet whom you can consult if necessary?

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth - TheCatSite
Cat Pregnancy: Your Essential Roadmap to Feline Motherhood - TheCatSite
The Ultimate Kitten Care Guide: Top Tips for Raising Happy Kittens - TheCatSite
Weighing Newborn Kittens (and How This Could Save Their Lives) - TheCatSite
Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!: The Essential Guide For Worried Owners - TheCatSite

Kitten Lady