is my cat pregnant?

alexialexico

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm really worried. I've read on the internet that cat nipples are the most trusted when it comes to pregnancy but i cant tell. shes an indoor and outdoor cat and shes never been pregnant before. she doesnt like other cats, doesnt matter if they are female or male.even in heat she doesnt like other cats. a few weeks ago she went outside and only returned a few days later. shes on contraception medicine for the time being but that doesnt mean she cant get pregnant, right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexialexico

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm really worried. I've read on the internet that cat nipples are the most trusted when it comes to pregnancy but i cant tell. shes an indoor and outdoor cat and shes never been pregnant before. she doesnt like other cats, doesnt matter if they are female or male.even in heat she doesnt like other cats. a few weeks ago she went outside and only returned a few days later. shes on contraception medicine for the time being but that doesnt mean she cant get pregnant, right?
Screenshot_20211118-035243_Gallery.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Spaying is the only sure-fire way to prevent cat pregnancy. I am not knowledgable about cat contraception, but if your cat went into heat and was gone for a few days she may have mated and conceived. Have your vet check her out and consider getting her spayed.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which contraceptive were you using? The pill, injection & implant can all wear off at various times but you’ll generally notice their coming into season.
Is there any reason she’s not been spayed?
Her nipples don’t appear rosy pink, cats also often blush up right before calling. She needs to be kept indoors only, and spayed asap. If she is pregnant, she can still be spayed if not too far along,