Is she pregnant?

• Total voters

Xchloepower

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

Is my cat showing pregnancy?
She has gotten snappy with my two other cats, has a large abdomin and her nipples look quite large in my opinion.

I can't take her the vet until pay day to check
:(

Can you help me with this?
Snapchat-1682885996.jpg

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately it looks like she is, if not too far along she can be spayed ASAP.

Raising kittens is not a cheap exercise, she may also need vet care or a c-section which are costly.
If you can’t afford even a vet check then the costs of feeding kittens, buying litter for 12-14 weeks after they arrive, plus vet work before they leave will be rather difficult.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Certainly looks pregnant. The vet should be able to give you some idea of how many when you go on payday. They'll palpate her belly to see. An ultrasound is usually more accurate, but not infallible, and costs a lot more.

The Kitten Lady on YouTube is an excellent resource for kitten raising.

Even if you decide to let her have her litter, please consider having her spayed afterward. She'll be healthier and happier and you won't have the expense and hassle of raising multiple litters as well as finding homes for the kittens.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Is my cat showing pregnancy?
She has gotten snappy with my two other cats, has a large abdomin and her nipples look quite large in my opinion.

I can't take her the vet until pay day to check
:(

Can you help me with this?View attachment 397040
Her nipples are bigger than my pregnant cat and my cat is due any day! So I would say yes unless she has had litters before. I think there nipples stay big after they have had litters. If you have seen her nipples before and they weren't that size then she is most likely pregnant. Good luck with everything!

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Judging from the nipples alone, I would say yes, she's pregnant.

Please consider getting her spayed after she has this litter! There are so many health benefits to a female cat being spayed.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
If you can’t afford even a vet check then the costs of feeding kittens, buying litter for 12-14 weeks after they arrive, plus vet work before they leave will be rather difficult.
I think they were saying they intend to take the cat - but are waiting until pay day. :3 Most people live pay check to pay check. But my impression is def that they plan on taking the cat to the vet/can afford it. I know several days before my pay hits, I'm usually low on funds if it's the time of the month I do my bills and what not =)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Xchloepower

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, the local vets are all in high demand for spaying and the next available date is next may (2022)! We have booked her in and will keep her in, she got out as my partners dads carer accidentally let her out! X

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad she's getting spayed but that is so far away! Do you not have a lot of vets near you? That's frustrating that it's so long before you can get her spayed. It's a lot of heat cycles and unfortunately they will do anything to get out and breed. That will be a lot of stress on you guys :( If money is more the issue have you talked to rescues to see if they are willing to intake the kittens and spay mom? Or you can foster the kittens for them? If you do have kittens you can sell them and use that money to spay mom sooner as well.