Is My Cat Pregnant?

ellie katavoska

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just over a month ago my cat climbed out the window of my house and was missing for a few days... when she finally came back she had a type of discharge coming out of her and kept assuming the position and making the crying noise that she wanted to go out again... since then her belly has got wider in width and slightly droopy, also her nipples are crusty and there’s a little white bobble type on the end, can anyone help?

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The article that Furballsmom linked to is an excellent resource. From your description, I do think it sounds like she is pregnant. A vet could confirm for you. Do you want her to have kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ellie katavoska

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
image.jpg
Hi, yeah it did help, i’m taking her into the vet today to clarify if she is, she’s defo got all the symptoms!. Also yes i would like to her to have kittens, experience it one time before i get her spayed

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good that you're taking her in for a checkup!

The real question is whether you want kittens, can afford a possible medical emergency if something happens to one of them or mom, and whether you can find great homes for possibly many kittens. You'll want to keep them for at least 10-12 weeks, though longer is better, and they should ideally be vaccinated and fixed before going to new homes. It's a big undertaking! I realize you've likely thought of all of this, but leaving it here anyway. Let us know what the vet says.

It's an old wive's tale that all cats should have at least one litter, so it's really up to what you want and can handle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ellie katavoska

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, hope your well today!
The vet said she is very healthy and she will be having 3 kittens and she will be due sometime next month! Trust me i thought about all this. Me and my partner decided to keep them with her till their ready to leave but they won’t be going far as we’ll be giving them to family members , so all is well thanks for everything !