Is My Cat Pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Courtyeliza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think we are getting close she’s being extra clingy today. She can’t seem to get comfortable she’ll lay on her side then get up and walk around a little bit then try laying down again. She’s still eating but much less than before. I can’t feel the kitten moving as much so I think they may be moving down!

Attachments

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And you didn't think she'd like it. She adores you, you know.

You might make her a couple more. Some get restless once the kits are born and like to move them from box to box. It'll also let you change the sheets.

Courtyeliza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s been moving around and laying seems to be a little more comfortable so we shall see! I’ll be sure to keep you updated! I actually did put another nesting box in so she does have two but thank you for the advice(:

Courtyeliza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so glad all is going well! I’ll be sure to keep everyone updated! Thanks to everyone for the advice! This was definitely a new experience for me!

Courtyeliza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everyone is doing great we have two boys and two girls! They are now 5 days old and all weigh between 6 and 7 ounces! Gypsy is doing wonderful and is the best mom!

Attachments

Courtyeliza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a little update gypsy is doing great and she’s a wonderful mom! The babies are 4 weeks old today and are all growing great! They all have homes once they are old enough! We had 3 boys Beau, Reuben and Milo and one girl Luna!

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute! Will you be able to get the kittens fixed before they are rehomed? They should stay with mom until 10-12 weeks at least, but longer is better!

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute! Will you be able to get the kittens fixed before they are rehomed? They should stay with mom until 10-12 weeks at least, but longer is better!
I'd actually say that 12 weeks is absolute minimum, but agree that the longer, the better. Courtyeliza Courtyeliza otherwise the risk of behavioral issues like biting legs/feet is increased.
Delayed weaning reduces behavioural problems in cats
I'd also advocate for spaying/neutering before adoption, or at least signing a written contract with the future owner in which he/she commits to neutering/spaying.

ZaMM

Always land on my feet!
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a little update gypsy is doing great and she’s a wonderful mom! The babies are 4 weeks old today and are all growing great! They all have homes once they are old enough! We had 3 boys Beau, Reuben and Milo and one girl Luna![/QUO

Congrats!! Here's my Luna and her 2 day old babies. IMG_20190409_112923.jpg I am so proud of my girl lol I never been so nervous scared and excited at the same time!! She had 4 healthy kittens!!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Courtyeliza! I'm a little confused, Has Gypsy had 2 boys and 2 girls (post N°32) or 3 boys and 1 girl (post N°33)?

Also, I understand Zamm also has a queen, named Luna, who also had 4 kittens? Is that right?

Courtyeliza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Courtyeliza! I'm a little confused, Has Gypsy had 2 boys and 2 girls (post N°32) or 3 boys and 1 girl (post N°33)?

Also, I understand Zamm also has a queen, named Luna, who also had 4 kittens? Is that right?
Gypsy had 3 males and one female. I originally thought 2 males and 2 females but was wrong.

Courtyeliza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They will not be fixed before going to their homes but my mother is taking beau, my husbands aunt is taking Reuben and Luna and Milo will be going home with a friend of mine. All of which are very responsible pet owners who will be having them spayed and neutered.