Is My Cat Pregnant?

Sparklove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A couple months ago, a stray visited my house and long story short we ended up adopting her. She is outside during the day and sleeps in the garage at night. Her name is Shadow. We had a get come over to give her shots and she didn’t know if she was spayed at the time and told us to wait for signs of heat. Well now I think she might be pregnant. She was very skinny when she found us and she’s fairly large now. She’s always been affectionate and sweet so we don’t really notice anything with her personality. But I think her stomach is getting rather big, and her nipples might be pinking up? (Pictures) what do you guys think? I can try to get more pictures of her stomach and nipples

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she’s unspayed and outside, she’ll surely be pregnant. You’ll need to keep her inside when it gets close to time for kittens so they will be safe and mom won’t get pregnant again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sparklove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
D811033E-E8A6-4A72-B969-FC62AD688098.jpeg
368BF97E-1B0B-4A15-A0E5-041A86EE1551.jpeg
Here’s some more photos. Anymore opinions?

Sparklove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s at least 5 weeks along.
how can you tell? my parents still think I am paranoid but I'm 95% sure she is, she's not really letting me touch her stomach so its hard to get pictures.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s got the tell-tale beginnings of pregnancy bulges on her sides. Cats begin to show around the 5-week mark.

Sparklove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s got the tell-tale beginnings of pregnancy bulges on her sides. Cats begin to show around the 5-week mark.
thank you. We will have a vet check her out ASAP. I will post updates on this thread :)

Sparklove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Would it be best to bring her into our large garage for the remainder of the pregnancy? My mom saids she doesn’t think so because she’s an outdoor cat and would just scratch at the door to be let out. She sleeps in here at night anyways but I don’t want her to get hurt while pregnant. My mom wants to bring her in like a week before she’s due but I don’t know what to do. Please be detailed in your answer as to why it would be good to bring her in so I can relay the information to my parents.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Will you be bringing her into the house to have her kittens, or the garage? House would be best. She needs to acclimate to indoors and to using a litter box. Cats are social animals, and need to be around people. Can you bring her into your bedroom?

Sparklove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m afraid my bedroom is too small, and we have other pets that would freak out. She already uses the litter box in our garage at night and the space in there is actually bigger than any room in our house, and my mom is willing to park her car outside until the kittens are weaned and we find homes for them. I just want her to be safe and stress free. I’m going to start making her nexting box this week and see how she reacts to it.

Sparklove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shadow threw up earlier today and is a bit gassy, is that normal at 5-6 weeks?

Sparklove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update! Shadow is not pregnant! She has a scar and tattoo but no chip, so she’s still my kitty. The vet said she has tape worms and needs to be treated for fleas, but besides that she is all good!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great! How did the vet conclude that she is not pregnant?

Did she get her worm meds?

Did you schedule her spay?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did the vet conclude that she is not pregnant?
It sounds like a spay tattoo was found. Well, I guess I can't think of any other reason a cat would have a tattoo there, so she must be! That's good. Glad to hear you got her medical stuff all sorted out.