Is My Cat Pregnant?

chicaandcoopermyloves

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat who is 11 months is an outdoors cat she has had pregnancy scares before but she wasnt actually pregnant.
lately i noticed her nipples are dark skin and popped out a bit more, my sister told me they look normal but i dont believe so.
i havent noticed any changes ether than she doesnt want to be cuddled or held any more. ill try and post a picture but any advice

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely, yes. Can you keep her inside until she has had the kittens, weaned them, and been spayed? It's really not healthy for her to have litter after litter.

What do you mean by pregnancy scare?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your cat needs to be spayed. Do you need help finding a low-cost spay clinic?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chicaandcoopermyloves

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most likely, yes. Can you keep her inside until she has had the kittens, weaned them, and been spayed? It's really not healthy for her to have litter after litter.

What do you mean by pregnancy scare?
Awhile back her stomach starting getting big and we thought she was pregnant like a month ago but turns out our neighbor hood was feeding her aswell

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can be spayed as early as 2 months old. If you don't want her to have kittens, have her spayed now. Regardless, please keep her inside now.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the others! There is no need to wait until she is one year old to spay her! Some vets will spay as early as 2 or 3 months old, all vets will do them at 6 months or older though!