Is My Cat Pregnant?

Brittney Roberts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an 8 month old cat that I adopted as a kitten. I don't have much experience with them which is why I have this question. My plan was to have her neutered but now I'm afraid it's too late because I believe she's pregnant. She's been gaining weight lately and her nipples are larger than usual. I've looked at several different websites that try to tell you if your cat is pregnant and they all say the same thing. However, her nipples haven't really 'pinked up' a whole lot, they've just gotten bigger. I tried to feel for the kittens and I was pretty certain that I could feel them moving. I guess my question is, is my cat pregnant, or is she just fat?
Thanks in advance.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she's pregnant. Has she been outside around intact males?

Can you post a picture of her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brittney Roberts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have some stray cats around, but I haven't seen them lately. However, now that i think about it, I did see one walking by our chicken coop the other day. I'm not at home now, but when I get back I'll post of picture of her.

Update: it wont let me upload a picture of her. It says the picture is too large.

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She probably is pregnant. A cat can become pregnant at 4 months. If you wanted, you could have her spayed right now. Any kittens would be aborted. It's very dangerous to let a cat outside, especially one who is pregnant.