Is My Cat Pregnant? (spaying Soon Buti Want To Avoid Kitten Abortion,i Just Loved The Little Dears)

Wondering

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I have a cat who is about a year and a half, and she have not been spayed yet. We are taking her in just under a month, but as I can't stand the thought of losing any tiny kittens, I am asking anyone's expert opinion to see if she is are pregnant. (I do have another cat, her sister in fact, and their nipples do look extremely different. However the sister was the runt, so I'm not sure if that affects anything.)
View attachment 225808 View attachment 225809

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wondering

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The pictures are not loading, I'm sorry.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, they seems to be the classical strawberry red. However, its just 3-4 weeks after mating. You can spay, if you do it asap. No medical problems at all so early, and really not ethical either.
The foetuses are not anywhere yet to be tiny kittens.

AND viable, ie able to survive on their own, kittens are just a few short days before the normal full term delivery.
Unlike with humans after 2/3 of the pregnancy, the childs may survive even if the hospital isnt top rate.

Why, some old ancient roman wrote about early deliveries, after 7 months, and gave several examples on renown men whom were born this early...

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go ahead and spay if you don’t want a litter. It’s the best thing for your cat.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she looks pregnant. Unspayed cats who live with unneutered males or who go outside will be pregnant.

Is her sister spayed? If she is not, please keep her 100% inside until she is spayed.

Wondering

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, she looks pregnant. Unspayed cats who live with unneutered males or who go outside will be pregnant.

Is her sister spayed? If she is not, please keep her 100% inside until she is spayed.
Yes her sister is spayed.

Wondering

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all who replied!

This comfirms we're going to have a litter of kittens! The veteran could only fit us in next month, so it's possible that the kittens would be born before we go.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for all who replied!

This comfirms we're going to have a litter of kittens! The veteran could only fit us in next month, so it's possible that the kittens would be born before we go.
Congratulations!

There are lots of threads at the top of this forum that will help you prepare for the new arrivals. We hope you stick around and give us some updates when the kittens are here.

It would be a good idea to make a spay appointment for her after she has given birth. You don't want to spay too soon after delivery, this will make it difficult for her to feed the kittens. You don't want to wait too long either, as she will go into heat again and could get pregnant even while she is nursing the first litter.

I suggest you try to get her spayed around six weeks after she delivers. The kittens will be old enough to be weaned by then.

Please keep us updated. Good luck!

:goodluck: