Is my cat pregnant? Please help

Lilmamitaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My female cat is two years old. She is an indoor only cat but my boyfriends family keeps accidentally letting her outside. She has gotten outside a few times and she was in heat. To my knowledge there is no male cats outside around here, but I’m not entirely sure. All she’s been doing lately is laying under my bed or coming to me to get pet. One side of her stomach does feel a little hard but she doesn’t look extra fat or pregnant to me. Can anybody tell if her nipples are pinking up?

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you could get a picture of her from above with her standing, looking down, that would help. If she is mature, got out, and is acting a little different, she most likely is pregnant. Only time will tell, 63-70 days from when she was let out. You might ask your boyfriend's family to pay for all teh kitten's shots since they can't keep her in......or find GOOD homes......

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can get her spayed now. Considering how "forgetful" the other people in your life are, would be for the best for her health and happiness now and in the future. This will ensure an oops pregnancy isn't a possibility if those people can't remember to close a door.

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My female cat is two years old. She is an indoor only cat but my boyfriends family keeps accidentally letting her outside. She has gotten outside a few times and she was in heat. To my knowledge there is no male cats outside around here, but I’m not entirely sure. All she’s been doing lately is laying under my bed or coming to me to get pet. One side of her stomach does feel a little hard but she doesn’t look extra fat or pregnant to me. Can anybody tell if her nipples are pinking up?
Her nipples look a little pink to me, but its hard to tell. What is her cycle? Most females go into heat once every 2-3 weeks...if it has been three weeks since her last heat, chances are, she's pregnant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilmamitaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you could get a picture of her from above with her standing, looking down, that would help. If she is mature, got out, and is acting a little different, she most likely is pregnant. Only time will tell, 63-70 days from when she was let out. You might ask your boyfriend's family to pay for all teh kitten's shots since they can't keep her in......or find GOOD homes......
Yeah they’ll definitely have to help me with the process if she’s pregnant. They’re very careless when it comes to her and it annoys me beyond belief.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilmamitaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her nipples look a little pink to me, but its hard to tell. What is her cycle? Most females go into heat once every 2-3 weeks...if it has been three weeks since her last heat, chances are, she's pregnant.
It’s been at least two weeks but I’m thinking about three. So if she doesn’t go into heat in the next week or so she’s probably pregnant then.

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s been at least two weeks but I’m thinking about three. So if she doesn’t go into heat in the next week or so she’s probably pregnant then.
Yes, and around week 3 is when you start noticing pinking and possible morning sickness. Week 5 is when you'll see her belly getting noticeably bigger (although, as a BSH breeder, my kitties always seem bloated almost immediately....maybe it's just my imagination LOL). I wish you all the best, and if she is pregnant, I would spay her once she has weaned her kittens...for some reason, I feel that it is sort of barbaric to spay whilst pregnant...and of course, it is whilst nursing unless there is serious harm to the mother....just my opinion, of course, if you want to spay her now, of course, it is your choice :)