Is my cat pinking?/Kittens born/Nesting problem

Rivvy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She ran out about 20 days ago, caught her mating with a male cat that we believe to be neutered but that may not be true and she may have done it with other males as well. She seems to be eating a little more and laying on her side more often. Need some help, thank you so much!

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
they typically pink up on the day 21, so in a couple of days you will see for more sure.

Do you wish kittens? If so, just to proceed.

If not, hurry to the vet, a spaying NOW has no difficulties nor negative consequences.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rivvy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they typically pink up on the day 21, so in a couple of days you will see for more sure.

Do you wish kittens? If so, just to proceed.

If not, hurry to the vet, a spaying NOW has no difficulties nor negative consequences.
We've actually been in search of a cat that wouldn't annoy my cat because she's been seeming really lonely and in need of a friend so maybe being a mother could help her find a friend since there's no cats in my area.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We've actually been in search of a cat that wouldn't annoy my cat because she's been seeming really lonely and in need of a friend so maybe being a mother could help her find a friend since there's no cats in my area.
You mean, you would keep one of two of her kittens? Yeah, that may work. Although many moms wish their half adult kittens go away...

Rivvy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Although many moms wish their half adult kittens go away...
She's a really loving cat when she gets to know other cats, I feel like having a cat she's known since birth would help her and it may be easier for her to have another cat that she may genuinely enjoy from the start.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's a really loving cat when she gets to know other cats, I feel like having a cat she's known since birth would help her and it may be easier for her to have another cat that she may genuinely enjoy from the start.
Yeah, letting a couple of kittens stay is often a good try.

Otherwise, shelters are often OK with helping with deliery, if its a good home waiting. They do so at least in Sweden.

Another variation is, anyone whom is seeking a good home - how to screen off unsuitabble owners? Taking some payment is the standard basic.
But another may be, if the new owner is driving say a full hour to fetch the cat, its by itself a quarantee sort of its a good home...

So, the fact you are living a good distance from nearest town / shelter, doesnt need to be any hindrance... Even if you arent driving such distances. (I for myself, do not any longer)

Rivvy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please see that she is spayed about 8 weeks after giving birth. Do not allow her outside until after she is spayed.
Yes of course, that's what we were planning, we didn't know she was in heat until we caught her in the act, at first we actually thought she didn't have a uterus and was intersex, guess that idea changed lol.

Rivvy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As to answer my previous question on whether or not my cat is pregnant, she definitely WAS. She just gave birth to 2 beautiful kittens that look just like her. I built a nesting spot for her when I felt them kick but I noticed her going to a spot on the floor where her litter box used to be. I need to make her move but I don't know how to do it, tips asap. Thank you!

Umerwhat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish I had an answer for you, because I've had this issue both times I've had pregnant foster moms have kittens. They don't want to nest where you want them to, especially if they see any other possible option. I ended up making a couple of good nests, and put stuff in the way to make other areas unappealing. Hopefully she'll settle somewhere safe soon.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Give mom a day or two to settle, then move her and her 2 kittens to a new nest in a private place that is covered like a closet, or covered box, and put her food, water, and litter box nearby. Keep an eye out, but give her space and privacy for a few days. She should be okay with that.