Is my cat pinking up?

Dorothybest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I've never had female cats before and one of mine is still intact. She has access to the outdoors via a cat flap and we live on a farm. I do not know if there are any intact males around our area. But I felt her nipples when I stroked her today and ive never noticed them before. I checked and thought they looked slightly pink. Would you say my cat is pinking up and pregnant?

I will be seeking advice from a vet after the weekend to confirm and will update this post accordingly after.
Many thanks

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, she definitely appears to be pregnant, especially since she’s had outside access. Males will travel several miles to mate, so your gal is absolutely with kittens. Do not let her outside anymore until after she is spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

In the meantime, read our Pregnant Cats and Kittens articles at the top of the forum to get prepared for kittens.

Your cat is likely 21 to 28 days along, and cats begin to show around the 5th week as their tummies begin to round. Pregnancy is 63-68 days.

We’re here for all your questions and do consider spaying her after this litter weans when they are 8 weeks old to avoid future pregnancies. In the meantime, do not let her out until after she is spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dorothybest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, she definitely appears to be pregnant, especially since she’s had outside access. Males will travel several miles to mate, so your gal is absolutely with kittens. Do not let her outside anymore until after she is spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

In the meantime, read our Pregnant Cats and Kittens articles at the top of the forum to get prepared for kittens.

Your cat is likely 21 to 28 days along, and cats begin to show around the 5th week as their tummies begin to round. Pregnancy is 63-68 days.

We’re here for all your questions and do consider spaying her after this litter weans when they are 8 weeks old to avoid future pregnancies. In the meantime, do not let her out until after she is spayed.
thanks for your reply. I will definitely be getting her neutered. In the meantime, good care will be taken of her.