Is my cat gonna give birth any time soon?

Oreo5522

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, my cat Oreo is very pregnant I would say in the last week of her pregnancy. I have seen her pant a couple time over the past few days but not for very long she is nesting alot in all the places I have set out for her she is still eating and drinking and her stomach dropped yesterday. Still no sign though I am beginning to worry that something is wrong. I have attached some pictures to show her belly size.
Snapchat-1230265944.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There’s most likely nothing wrong — you just need to wait it out. Her kittens and/or her body are not quite ready yet. The panting may be pre-labor contractions or just breathlessness from the pregnancy.

How old is your cat? Is this her first pregnancy? Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If her stomach dropped yesterday, its near now, but still no panic "no cow on the ice" as yet, as they swedish proverb tells. Just wait, as long she is fine, If nothing happens two more, then begin to worry.
During the time, give her calcium rich food, whatever you have at home and she eats.

Too litle calcium may cause weak labor.

O Oreo5522