Is my cat going to be blind? 😥

Amni Alia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! It has been a while since my last post..Jerry is now 7 months old... his eye got infected so bad that there's like something red surrounding his cornea, leaving space in the middle.. he keeps tearing a lot but there's no yellow discharge.. this started when my other cat slap him that his eye got attacked.. I'm currently in quarantine so i can't take him to the vet.. the only medicines that available in my house are chloramphenicol eye ointment n eye drop (can be used for cats).. I'm asking if anyone had go through the same situation as mine.. I'm worried that the red thing will get larger n larger and end up covering his whole eye.. i provide some pics that might be blurry cuz he kept moving
IMG_20220227_203628.jpg

IMG20220227192759.jpg
IMG_20220227_203608.jpg
IMG_20220227_203703.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That really needs tobe looked at by a vet. Is there a friend or non quarantined family member or relative that can take the cat to the vet for you? I wouldn't give those eye drops since you don't know if the eye issue is something bacterial. A scratched cornea wouldn't be helped by an antibiotic.

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you do TeleVet? My vet has this option and it’s great. If not maybe if you call the vet and explain your situation they could FaceTime you. That way they can get a good look at the cat.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The TeleVet is a good idea, but if not available, can you send those pics to your vet and explain that you are in quarantine? Perhaps they would be able to decipher enough with the pics to start your cat on some sort of meds until you can get him in to see them? Depending on what the meds are, they could possibly be gotten through a pharmacy that makes deliveries.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amni Alia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner i think they don't have pharmacy deliveries..but if they recommend me to buy through online shop instead.. they might arrive few days more.. even local online shops take 3-7 days to arrive 😭😭😭

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would move heaven and earth to get my cat to the vet. You can call the vet and ask them if they'd allow you to drop him off and come back and pick him up. You can pay over the phone with a credit card. Me, if I didn't have symptoms and wasn't running a fever, I'd be getting my cat to the vet.