Is My Cat Done Giving Birth?

Cat.Named.Mars

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Socks gave birth to 3 kittens 1-2 hours ago. Before she gave birth, her belly was quite big for her petite frame so I'm thinking that she's not done.

The 3 she had seem to be doing good. I don't know if I should try to clean them up?

She had her kittens in a small cat bed in the living room. The bed is covered in blood and so is she. I don't know if I should try to change her bedding? Would that stress her and the kittens out too much?

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!! By all means, if you haven't already done so, do change the bedding in the nest. How are mom and kittens doing? Please post pictures of the new family when you get the chance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.Named.Mars

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My sister and I changed to bedding, we also moved her and the kittens to a more spacious bed. Mom is tired but can still get up to eat and drink. Kittens are lively and moving. I still think that she has more babies on the way but I'm not completely sure.

not

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how sweet. They, along with mom are darling. Hang in there, our experts who know a lot about kittens and birthing will chip in when they read your thread. Are the kittens all latching on to mom with no problem?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.Named.Mars

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes the kittens are latching. Mom has had kittens before so this isn't something brand new to her. She had 4 kittens on May 17 this year. We have set up the bed next to a heater so the kittens are warm when Mom is not there. Thank you so much for your support :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is ok no visible problems you can calmly wait and see.
Either shebis done or one will come later.

Continue to observe to be safe.
My cat Socks gave birth to 3 kittens 1-2 hours ago. Before she gave birth, her belly was quite big for her petite frame so I'm thinking that she's not done.

The 3 she had seem to be doing good. I don't know if I should try to clean them up?

She had her kittens in a small cat bed in the living room. The bed is covered in blood and so is she. I don't know if I should try to change her bedding? Would that stress her and the kittens out too much?

Brittani1157

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've read that cats can sometimes go up to 3 days between kittens, and everything is fine. Mine had 2 kittens on Wednesday night, and 16 hours later she gave birth to a 3rd one. But sadly, it was stillborn. I hope that won't be the case with your cat. Your mama and her babies are gorgeous, by the way!!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet! Please be sure to weigh the kittens daily so you can make sure they’re gaining well and thriving.

Are you able to keep mom 100% inside and away from male cats now? Would you like help finding a low cost clinic so you can have her spayed in a few months?