Is my cat close to giving birth?

faithstory560

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont know exactly how far along she is, felt the babies move for the first time 2 days ago, today she jumped on my lap and she was wet. I know its gross but this is what it looked like at first, now it's coming out pink. Shes not a lovey dovey cat, but has been the past few days. First pregnancy.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be close to giving birth, or this may just be routine pregnancy discharge. It’s usually a couple more weeks once you feel the kittens move, especially since you’re not sure when she mated. So it’s difficult to say as you’ll see similar discharge in the 2-3 days leading to labor and delivery.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter? Keep her 100% indoors and away from intact males until she is spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faithstory560

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, and I definitely am getting her fixed after this litter. I called the vet and shes in an extra large dog cage with sheets blankets and towels in the darkest quietest room in the house. I know it's been at least 5 weeks after looking back at old social media posts. The vet said to keep monitoring her the way I have been.