Is it too early to decorate for Christmas?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WAY to early!! I am sick of it already with all the TV adds and some radio stations are playing Christmas music. Good God, whatever happened to waiting until after Thanksgiving? Now, if I was going to put outdoor lights on my house, I would take advantage of the still rather decent weather and put them up, but would not light them until about 2 weeks before Christmas. Decorating 2 months before the holiday takes away the thrill and excitement IMO. I no longer even bother with it, because the time Christmas is here, I am burned out with it. I save a lot of money that way too

trimph1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We started doing the decorating about Nov.4th!! Reason? Son and DIL coming in from Japan with new grandchild!!

What did we see the very morning we put the tree up? The little Spring all curled up IN the tree asleep

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I was off work on Veterans Day, I decorated the kitchen a little bit. My holiday dishes are Winterberry from Pfalzgraff and I have a lot of pieces to that pattern. I like to display them on our hutch, along with old cookie cutters and rolling pins. And some of my Christmas cookbooks.

We usually put our Christmas trees up the weekend of Thanksgiving. They're artificial trees, so they can be up for quite a while. DH goes outside to decorate the house and yard with lights that weekend, too.

Although with all the wonderful weather we had last week, I'm sure many people were outside decorating.

I dearly love Christmas!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the fabric!
I say go for it! I've joked (sort of) to DH about setting up the tree soon. I usually do it around our anniversary (first week of Dec.) but for some reason I feel the need to do it earlier this year. It takes me several days just to decorate the tree because of back problems; I get the tree up and anchored one day, the next day the lights go on, the next the decorations.
I start decorating for Halloween in Sept., so why not for Christmas in Nov.?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
GORGEOUS material!

If I recall correctly, in a thread about early Christmas decorations in stores and malls, you said that you and DH give each other a kiss every time you see Christmas decorations up when you're out? So it'll just be more reasons to kiss even more frequently!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

GORGEOUS material!

If I recall correctly, in a thread about early Christmas decorations in stores and malls, you said that you and DH give each other a kiss every time you see Christmas decorations up when you're out? So it'll just be more reasons to kiss even more frequently!
A wonderful idea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

GORGEOUS material!

That's right, Christmas music, too, gets a quick kiss. See that Santa statue at the garage sale in July, next to the waxy holly-wreathed candle? Anything Christmas outside of December gets a "Merry Christmas, Darling" with a "Merry Christmas Baby" and a kiss. Hug works, too.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My rule of thumb: if you've got a jack-o-lantern on your step, then it's too early to decorate for Christmas.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

That's right, Christmas music, too, gets a quick kiss. See that Santa statue at the garage sale in July, next to the waxy holly-wreathed candle? Anything Christmas outside of December gets a "Merry Christmas, Darling" with a "Merry Christmas Baby" and a kiss. Hug works, too.
That is possibly the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Made me smile!