Is Anyone Else Stoked About Game Of Thrones Starting Tomorrow?!?!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I am one of the few people that has never watched the show and has no desire to. :lol: On the opposite end of me is my niece. Her bridal shower was last Sunday and it was a Game of Thrones theme. She's also having a party at her house tonight for the premiere.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've heard of it and I know many people who like it. I am not amongst them. A co-worker gave me the first season DVDs and I didn't watch beyond the first show....and I slept through most of the first show.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm excited to see Tyrion, Dany and Jon, excited for the dragons, curious about the Stark sisters, but otherwise I'm not suuuuuper excited?? GoT gets major points for action and wardrobe, but loses major points for gratuitous sexual violence, some that isn't even in the book. Also, I just...don't care to see that many naked people.

I know a ton of people who are just as jazzed as you are, though, so a big WHOOO for y'all!! :p

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My "Game of Thrones" is trying to find the cleanest toilet in a public restroom. :confused:

I haven't had cable in years so I don't watch anything faithfully like that. I do however find great amusement in watching people melt down on facebook because of spoilers and interrupted broadcasts. I think I have a few friends who are quite theatrical themselves. :lol2: :rolleyes:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never watched it. But I've heard that all the characters you start to like..die.
Right now, I'm more upset over a female Doctor and shows are having trouble keeping my attention.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, what's upsetting about a female Doctor? I rather like the idea and I don't even watch Doctor Who (although I want to start).

I don't care for fantasy, though I can handle Sci-Fi as long as it doesn't get too magicky. Plus I understand that GOT is big on sexual violence and gore which would probably not be healthy for me to watch. Plus I don't get HBO :D. I'll read the articles that other people write after watching it and that's enough for me, lol.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Game of Thrones ... even more so since we are finally going to have the dragon vs zombies showdown :) I also LOVE DR. Who .... since The Master turned into Missy on one of his regenerations the Time Lords can change gender when they regenerate. I don't see why her being female is a big deal.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched it on Netflix until the last season, when I gave up midway through. It was just too violent. The violence is more gratuitous than the sex. I very much wanted to see Daenerys and the dragons, but there were only a few teasers here and there. I won't watch Season 7.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My "Game of Thrones" is trying to find the cleanest toilet in a public restroom. :confused:

I haven't had cable in years so I don't watch anything faithfully like that. I do however find great amusement in watching people melt down on facebook because of spoilers and interrupted broadcasts. I think I have a few friends who are quite theatrical themselves. :lol2: :rolleyes:
:flail::flail::flail::flail:

Yeah. I don't get why people are so fanatical about the show. I've seen it. DH loved it. DD watched it and read all the books (so far I guess). It did nothing for me and I would never watch it on my own. The guy who plays Jon Snow is HOT though. I'll give them that.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also LOVE DR. Who .... since The Master turned into Missy on one of his regenerations the Time Lords can change gender when they regenerate. I don't see why her being female is a big deal.
Because for 50 years, the Doctor has been male. Gomez did an excellent job as Missy, but I never got the feeling of it being The Master. I just don't think the Doctor as female will carry on the same attitude the Doctor has always had. Personally, I think Matt Ryan would make an excellent Doctor.

I have considered watching GOT, but I don't really like bloody shows nor gratuitous sex scenes.