Introduction Not Going Well

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got this new kitten this past Tuesday that was a stray I found...We have 3 other male cats ages six and one three years old...The 3 year old was also a stray that I raised from a kitten...The two older males seem to take the new guy in stride they don't hiss or growl they just sniff and run away from him.

The problem I am having is that my three year male is not so agreeable with the new arrival it seems and he has not acted the same since I brought it home...He will keep his distance and hiss and growl so I have to watch him closer than the two older males.

Now having said all that I did not do a really proper intro with the new kitten so part of this maybe my fault...So what do I do at this point? My wife does not like to cage things up and I hear about it everyday since we got the new kitten because I lock it in a large pet carrier while I am at work and she's away.

I am not afraid of the two older male cats hurting him but the younger male I am not so sure about...What do I do? Just give them time and watch the younger male closely?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will think of something....When no one is home its in the pet carrier anyway.....And come to think of it my two older male cats acted the same way when I brought the three year old home as a kitten...And I just brought him home and sat him down, things have been smooth ever since.