Introducing the newest dance craze, the Santa Shrimp Shuffle!

lissalouie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't want to upload a large video to the site, so I hope it's okay to share YouTube links here.

This is the Santa Shrimp Shuffle, Rory's new signature dance.

Santa Shrimp has been Rory's comfort stuffy for a very long time, but their bond has intensified after his big brother Lou passed a few months ago. Normally he would just wail with him in his mouth, but lately he has been doing... well.... this.

At first I panicked, wondering if he was having anal gland issues or hurt his leg or something like that, but no, he's perfectly fine physically.

Before Lou got sick, Rory would sometimes start chirping desperately before running over, launching himself on him, and mouthing his scruff while making biscuits on his body. Everyone told me it was a dominance thing, but it really felt more like self-soothing behavior for Rory, especially as he would only do it when he was left alone in a room or woke up disoriented. He was very gentle about it with Lou and Lou never seemed to really mind, as he could easily knock him off.

Rory's started doing the Santa Shrimp Shuffle this past week, and I noticed that he does it in the exact times he would have wanted to pounce Lou. His legs are even in the same position, as if straddling a big tabby cat. I suppose this is a healthier coping mechanism for grief than eating a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch every day (not pointing fingers at anybody... don't look at me...).

But yeah! Have the Santa Shrimp Shuffle! Everyone do the Santa Shrimp Shuffle!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lissalouie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm also aware that he may be, er, 'humping' the air, but I have no idea why and I am choosing to remarket it as a dance craze. 🤣

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't want to upload a large video to the site, so I hope it's okay to share YouTube links here.

This is the Santa Shrimp Shuffle, Rory's new signature dance.

Santa Shrimp has been Rory's comfort stuffy for a very long time, but their bond has intensified after his big brother Lou passed a few months ago. Normally he would just wail with him in his mouth, but lately he has been doing... well.... this.

At first I panicked, wondering if he was having anal gland issues or hurt his leg or something like that, but no, he's perfectly fine physically.

Before Lou got sick, Rory would sometimes start chirping desperately before running over, launching himself on him, and mouthing his scruff while making biscuits on his body. Everyone told me it was a dominance thing, but it really felt more like self-soothing behavior for Rory, especially as he would only do it when he was left alone in a room or woke up disoriented. He was very gentle about it with Lou and Lou never seemed to really mind, as he could easily knock him off.

Rory's started doing the Santa Shrimp Shuffle this past week, and I noticed that he does it in the exact times he would have wanted to pounce Lou. His legs are even in the same position, as if straddling a big tabby cat. I suppose this is a healthier coping mechanism for grief than eating a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch every day (not pointing fingers at anybody... don't look at me...).

But yeah! Have the Santa Shrimp Shuffle! Everyone do the Santa Shrimp Shuffle!
Hey, if you're as tired as I am of all these dance shows, ads with people jerking around, etc., and then you see THIS, it renews your faith in the form and your enthusiasm for it! :crackup::lolup:🦐🐈

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Rory's dance moves are precious and he may start a new craze for other cats with his version of the Santa Shrimp Shuffle. :coolcat: