Introducing Duchesse and Bandit

bandit0505

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. I became a cat mama a little over a year ago to my blue smoke Maine coon Duchesse, and 7 months later I bought a red point birman named bandit. They get on well, eat side by side, play together, cuddle and purr together which is great. The only problem is Duchesse hisses at him and then swipes and chases him for a few seconds on a regular basis. By this I mean about once a day. This could be anything from him startling her, jumping on the sofa that she's on, walking past in the hallway. I just don't get it. If anyone can offer any advice on how I can cut this behaviour out completely as everything else is going great! In the meantime here's a few pics - sorry there not great new phone and don't have many pictures.

Oh and I probably should point out Duchesse was spayed by her breeder and I had bandit done at 6 months :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bandit0505

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmm my phone won't let me upload pictures for some reason. Will load up the laptop later and add some on then :)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do love pictures, especially of unique cats like yours. It sounds to me like the behavior you're seeing is normal. The kitten probably irritates the mama cat sometimes, so she gives him a warning to cut it out. 

Welcome to the Cat Site!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bandit0505

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys finally got round to loading the laptop up...here are my beauties :) fingers crossed it works this time lol the double picture is duchesse at 16 weeks and then her again at a year old and bandit was about 8 months in the picture and celebrated his first birthday yesterday :) excuse my face in the picture it was the only nice one i could find of him lol