Introducing Different Age Kittens

zbecquart

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was wondering what is the best way to introduce a younger kitten to my current kitten and what I should expect.
The older kitten was born mid/late October 2018 [around 6 months old] and the new kitten will be around 2 months old.
I've done some research but any helpful tips would be great, I would love to hear other people's experience as well!
Some questions: how long did it take? Is it okay for the younger kitten to be alone in another room if I'm not home with her own food and litter?
Any and all tips and stories appreciated!

Thank you!!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there! The good news is that it’s far easier to introduce two kittens than two adult cats, because they tend to see each other more as playmates, rather than competition. I would still recommend separating them at first, and then slowly introducing them, as this article explains: How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, separate them at first but then, be flexible and respond to how they react to each other. However I'm a bit worried how young the younger kitten is, kittens should stay with their mom and siblings until they are at least 12-14 weeks, unless they are rescues of course. So if the younger kitten can stay with his family longer, personally I would wait and pick him up in a month or so.