Interrupted Labour

Amber.G.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! It has been 35 hours since my cat delivered the first kitten. She is taking good care of her but Im pretty sisure there are more inside her, but the thing to worry about is that i dont feel any movement. Unable to contact to vet. Im panicking. Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With a little luck its just her swollen uterus you feel.

Anyway, if she is ok no visible troubles and she is busyin herself with the already born kitten - do observe but you can calmly wait.
This even if you know for sure there are more...
Hello! It has been 35 hours since my cat delivered the first kitten. She is taking good care of her but Im pretty sisure there are more inside her, but the thing to worry about is that i dont feel any movement. Unable to contact to vet. Im panicking. Thanks

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can take up to a day or two between delivering kittens. That’s because cats can breed multiple times while in heat, so one litter can have multiple fathers. Did she deliver the placenta for the first kitten? It’s possible that the whole litter was only one kitten. Especially if this is her first litter, first-time moms have smaller litters in general.

However, if you notice her panting, heaving, or straining for more than 30 minutes without producing another kitten, you need to take her to the emergency vet.

This article gives more info: Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!