Internal medicine in Chicago

eshin7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

my almost 2 yr old kitty has had chronic rhinitis and mycoplasma infection since birth, went through several antibiotics and antiviral treatment/nasal drop/etc but the symptoms always went back after few weeks. Her vet now recommended us to see an internist at MedVet Chicago to have a CT scan and Rhinoscopy performed to look for a nasal polyp or mass. Since I've never done this before I am unsure what the cost would look like & if the place will be right for us. I'd love to hear from those who live in Chicago if you had any experience with internal medicine - any advice or recommendations. Thanks!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
ACVIM Home

I am clearly not in Chicago, but this is a directory to which we often refer members. When I googled "internal medicine veterinarian in Chicago" a number of them came up. MedVet is one of them, but I have no way of judging. Hopefully someone from the area will see this and respond. You might try posting on sites like nextdoor.com to see if anyone in your area used a specific internist. I assume that Chicago is a lot like LA in that it is very easy to find these doctors, but you don't know which one might be the best.