Instinct or Tiki Cat Food

mptpeace

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I’m thinking about feeding my cats either Instinct Original Chicken or Tiki Cat Succulent Chicken. Can someone who knows something about cat nutrition give me some advice?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why not rotate between the two?

Instinct is pate texture:

Tiki Cat is shredded:

Tiki Cat also doesn't have the veggies that Instinct does.

Both brands are good quality complete foods. It's really up to your cat :) Try both and see which one your cat prefers. If there's no preference, then you can switch between the two. If your cat doesn't like either, you'll need to find another brand. Weruva and Soulistic are similar to Tiki Cat.

It's a good idea in general to keep a few brands in rotation in case there is recall with one or your cat just suddenly decides it's "icky". Also a good idea to rotate proteins. Limit seafood to occasional meals.

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Late reply, theyre both really good brands, regular tiki cat stuff has too much fish to feed cats daily, Instinct is great except almost all thier wetfoods are really high fat. The "Tiki Cat After Dark" line I believe doesn't have fish or carbs, is more balanced fat protein ratio but Ive never tried the After Dark flavor personally.

As the previous poster said, Rotating is better, and ultimately its going to come down to what your cat will eat.
Realistically both are fine, but Im assuming your buying the pricier catfoods because you want more than just fine...