Insomnia

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always had problems sleeping when stressed (doesn't everyone?) but Friday night took the prize for being a major PAIN! I had to work Saturday. I finally fell asleep at 4AM Saturday morning with my alarm set for 5. I worked my 8 hours, drove to the vets to pick up medicine for the reason( sick cat) for my stress and the medicine wasn't in the drop box like I was told it would be - causing MORE stress since the office doesn't open until today. I was so tired that when I went to bed at 11PM I did finally sleep. Talking to some breeder friends helped me with the worry about my cat, Maggie. By the way, I did get the medicine yesterday. I posted a bad review on the clinics Facebook page and the owner called me within a half hour. Anyone have any tips on dealing with insomnia?

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A hot cup of decaf tea always works for me.

But I wear a cpap,and at this point falling asleep is almost a Pavlovian response. I put the mask on,turn on the machine,and I go right out. Of course since I am old..er now,I have to get up every few hours to evacuate my system.

When I was little,my sister once taught me a trick for when I was too wound up for sleep. I would start at my toes,and concentrate on relaxing them. Then my feet. Then calves and so on. Once I got to my head,I would start all over again at my toes. It musta worked,because I remember it to this day.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have insomnia often. Last week I went for 4 nights with about 2 hours sleep each night. This time
it was stress and pain related. I find getting up and having a cup of Valerian tea helps.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chamomile tea relaxes me. Sometimes a glass of red wine too; but I have to have it at the right time. I like to fall asleep reading from my kindle too.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A hot cup of decaf tea always works for me.

But I wear a cpap,and at this point falling asleep is almost a Pavlovian response. I put the mask on,turn on the machine,and I go right out. Of course since I am old..er now,I have to get up every few hours to evacuate my system.

When I was little,my sister once taught me a trick for when I was too wound up for sleep. I would start at my toes,and concentrate on relaxing them. Then my feet. Then calves and so on. Once I got to my head,I would start all over again at my toes. It musta worked,because I remember it to this day.
I used to do this when I was a kid and it definitely works! I never had to start over again