Inkjet Printer Recommendations

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have an elderly Canon printer, and while my husband can still use it with his PC and it's humming along, my MacBook has become snobbish and refuses to speak to the poor thing (the operating system on the Mac has upgraded to the point that it will no longer connect). So...I need to get one that will let me print not only from my Mac but also from our iPads via AirPrint. (The Canon doesn't have AirPrint capability. As I said, elderly.)

We never print photos so we don't care about that, but we do need the ability to copy and scan as well as to print color copies.

Any recommendations...or "do-not-buy-this-piece-of-junk" suggestions?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Epson, or possibly Brother. Epson has the most software and is compatible with a lot.

You'll want to avoid Hewlett-Packard. HP used to be good but not anymore.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I both have Macs. I'm a big Apple fan since that's what we used in our school district. We had a Canon printer that lasted forever. It was in sync with our Macs and was very reliable until it finally died. We bought an Epspn and it's been nothing but trouble so we plan to go back to buying a Canon.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an HP Envoy. Yeah, they 'push' the GREAT convenience of the option to automatically send a new ink cartridge to you, automatically; But FAIL, to tell you that they have complete control of your printer if you choose that option!!

I found out the hard way. I tried to use a standard HP replacement ink cartridge. The printer was held hostage, until I updated my credit card, and ordered their replacement cartridges from the automatic setting.

Quickly left that option in the dust.

I find this printer uses up ink, incredibly fast. Seems the HP Cartridges do not hold much ink.
But, I have not had many issues with the printer. A couple of jams, but that is about it. and the ink issue.

Oh, and I have a Mac, also.