Inhaling wet food

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone else's cat having issues with this?
It's my eldest, and I know her nose is getting into her wet food because I always find it on her nose. Not a problem normally. But my 'special' kitty them turns around and gets uri's.:/ And she's old and sick with Cancer and slowing down and for the last 2-3 weeks only been eating Beechnut Stage 1 baby food. Turkey, beef, & chicken with a tiny bit of ground up dry cat food sprinkled in. So It's not like I can take her off of wet.
Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.💕

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For Mist, my Rainbow Bridge old lady cat, I put her food bowl up on a small box. She was eating pate food smooshed with a little water in a Magic Bullet, It seemed easier for her to eat / swallow, not only the texture but also the "angle" between food dish and her mouth. Perhaps it would help keep your elder kitty's nose out of their foods.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you catapault! I'll go try that right now. I'm so afraid the 'next' time the vet has to prescribe meds for another, she'll say "Maybe it's time". I know she's nearing it. But don't want to rush it. She's getting these, but for a reason. Off to go find something like that now.
Thank you!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can even use a large can of something, like tomatoes, or peaches. That's what I do. the are large enough around to hold a cat dish nicely , and heavy enough that they can't push them around while eating.