Infection after getting neutered?

momo13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone. My cat Momo got neutered about 4 days ago and I’m a little worried about his healing process. He’s a bit of an active creature so it’s been hard getting him to stay rested and inside the house. I’ve been keeping a close eye on his scrotum, but I can’t tell whether or not I should be concerned for infection. What do you all think?

Thank you!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello everyone. My cat Momo got neutered about 4 days ago and I’m a little worried about his healing process. He’s a bit of an active creature so it’s been hard getting him to stay rested and inside the house. I’ve been keeping a close eye on his scrotum, but I can’t tell whether or not I should be concerned for infection. What do you all think?

Thank you!
Is the surgical site dry? It may be a little damp due to the recent 4 days ago surgery which is fine.

I'm replying you with the reply I commented in this thread :- is-it-infected.441264

The incision looks ok to me. It's normal for the surgical site to bleed a little and also the swelling is due to blood filling up the sac. It'll slowly subside in a week or two.

Just take note that there is no yellow pus or foul smelling pus. If there is, it means that the surgical site is infected and you must immediately bring your cat in to the vet.

Keep the surgical site clean and dry. Use a slightly warm damp towel and dab the area after your cat has use the litter box to clean away the litter dust.

The testosterones will take around 8 weeks to leave the system and you'll find 2 flat sac. By then, the fur should have grown back.

It's normal for him to lick the surgical area but make sure he don't over groom the area. A little running and jumping is ok but no wild play.

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe the best action is to send your vet the pictures and he or she can give you the best advice . I had my babygirl neutered three weeks ago and the vet prescribed 4 days of antibiotics .in the second night she ate all the surgery sutures and no chance to stay on with a collar or some clothes ob her . We were lucky she got no infection there and the recovery went harder than other cats because she is very stubborn and started running around the house 2 hours after the effects of anesthesia ended .
The best thing you can do is to call your vet to be 100% sure .