Indoor ragdoll cat has questionable scabs?

Passionfruity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my one year old indoor ragdoll cat has this relatively big red and crusty scab underneath the fur on her leg and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to what it could be? It's been there for about three months and we've been monitoring it - it hasn't gone any worse but also no better either. It doesn't seem to irritate her or hurt when we touch it and she doesn't even acknowledge it's there. She's completely indoor (we used to let her nose around our garden under our supervision but stopped when we noticed the scab incase it could've been a result of her rolling around on the pavement) and is our only cat, she has never been in contact with another animals past 8 weeks old and we haven't been able to find any insects in her fur to explain this.

Please can someone help?! I've attached a picture of said scab.

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's been there for about three months and we've been monitoring it - it hasn't gone any worse but also no better either. It doesn't seem to irritate her or hurt when we touch it and she doesn't even acknowledge it's there.
Time to contact the vet. Most vets are booked weeks if not months ahead these days so get an appointment scheduled now. See if you can email the vet a picture of the scab and get some advice that way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Passionfruity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I do think it's time, it's just that I decided to try and look for answers here first as even just consultations are quite expensive these days and I don't want to spend money on one just for the scab to turn out to have be nothing.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An email or phone call to the vet doesn't cost any money. It might take a bit of time for the vet to return a call or email since they're so swamped with appointments these days.

Scabs can be caused by anything so it's hard for anyone online to even start to guess what the cause might be. Food allergy? Environmental allergy? Possible skin issue or tumor?