Indoor/outdoor Cat

ShainaAD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Zola is both indoor and outdoor. I know she will try to get outside to have her kittens. We’ve been keeping her inside for the past 2 weeks because she is due anytime now. I’m starting to wonder if she will or has been holding her labour off until she can sneak out. Possibility?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Keep her 100% inside as you have been doing. She will have them inside when her body and the kittens are ready.

Do you have a nest set up for her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ShainaAD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I do. She’s checked it out but doesn’t go lay in it yet. She’s laying down a lot and doesn’t sleep for long periods of time, she moves from the top of the couch to the floor and back & forth. So I know she’s getting there.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, most cats go to the nest just before delivering. Do you think she is in labor yet, or just uncomfortable?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ShainaAD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No I don’t think she is in labour yet. But she has the signs that it may be very soon. She’s uncomfortable most of the time. Can’t clean herself back there anymore because of her belly being in the way. She’s also VERY affectionate with me, wants to be on my lap a lot. She’s always been a little vocal when you talk or make eye contact with her lol, so nothing has changed there.