Indoor/outdoor Cat Pregnancy

Lgeriksson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I adopted a cat from my relatives farm for my son in February. She spends the day outside (while we are at work), and is attached to our hips when we are home. Sometimes though, she wants to sleep outside and won't come in!

The reason for this post- I am afraid she might be pregnant and wondering if she will have the Kittens inside or outside? Is this a crap shoot or can I stop worrying and assume it will be inside?!?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no guarantee she will have them indoors unless you keep her indoors all the time. If she is pregnant, its important to know that even right after she has kittens she could get pregnant again. You'll need to keep her inside until she is spayed if you don't want her to get pregnant again.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Bring momma in and keep her inside until she has her kittens and is spayed! It is not safe for her to have her kittens outside and as previously mentioned she can get pregnant again a week after- which is definitely not healthy for momma! You can start feeding her kitten chow. Do you need help finding a low cost spay clinic? You can post your city and state and we can look for one for you!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, agree with the others. You should be concerned that she will have them outside, and you should remove that option for her safety.

She should not go outside again for any reason until she is spayed.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, please keep her indoors. If any thing goes wrong during the delivery you won't be able to help her. Tiny kittens are so vulnerable, there is no way they will all survive if she gives birth outside.