Increased white blood count over 100

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
And kidney levels are lower which is good. Also some protein in her urine. She throws up water once every morning and seems active. So vet suggested a hyprogenic prescription food, no more kidney food. I will buy some rawz today or instinct. He wants to do a biopsy. Is that safe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Also some blood in urine. More testing being done

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
And kidney levels are lower which is good. Also some protein in her urine. She throws up water once every morning and seems active. So vet suggested a hyprogenic prescription food, no more kidney food. I will buy some rawz today or instinct. He wants to do a biopsy. Is that safe?
I think this is all from stress

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
He mentioned thyroid. Hope it's nothing serious like leukemia. I thought he might be overly cautious til I read about increased wbc

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There are some other imaging that can be done before a tissue biopsy on the thyroid. He thinks that your cat has thyroid cancer? Or suspicious nodules?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first saw him weeks ago he did thyroid blood work. I don't remember the results. I think I will call back to ask more questions about it. Is a biopsy safe?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first saw him weeks ago he did thyroid blood work. I don't remember the results. I think I will call back to ask more questions about it. Is a biopsy safe?
I just realized I should not let my other cats eat her left overs if it is feliv

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Her latest blood work showed less protein In her urine. He assumes the wbc raise is from slowly progressing ibd.
And keep watch on her weight. Also keep track of her throw up

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Talk to your vet about the safety of a biopsy. In general, they are safe, but ask how invasive it would be, how it is done, if and how much and what type of anesthesia is used, time to recuperate and management at home.