Incision Healing

Nelliegirl13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

my cat nellie got spayed yesterday and the vet gave me very confusing instructions since they all seemed to contradict one another. She has randomly been super hyper and was trying to jump and run (and did successfully a few times) so I set up a large dog crate to keep her in.

i checked her incision site, she’s been eating drinking and peed today. No signs of poop but we’ll see. She’s sleeping a lot and taking well to the cone but I want to know if her incision looks ok.

it looks swollen to me, but it’s also in a super weird spot and they didn’t do a fantastic job of keeping it a straight forward incision so it’s hard to tell. My anxiety is telling me so many different things and I just want her to be okay. Someone please help!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
If there's no oozing, smell, or redness, things aren't urgent, and it's great that you have her in the crate. I can't tell anything about swelling, but keep a close eye on things--I know you will :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nelliegirl13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
If there's no oozing, smell, or redness, things aren't urgent, and it's great that you have her in the crate. I can't tell anything about swelling, but keep a close eye on things--I know you will :)
Thank you so much for your quick response. Means a lot!! She’s my first little baby and if you can’t tell I’m quite the over protective momma so thank you