In Memory Of Tomtom

Chillytj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
TomTom, a stray little lion, who roamed the streets of my small community for several years before adopting me to be his mom. When I first moved to this little town it was me and my special kitty Nipper who had endured heaven and hell with me. She was an older black cat who took walks on a leash several times a day. Tom (or hell cat as I called him then) would appear from nowhere and would be happy just to smell her nose and walk on. Neighbors told me not to trust him and that he was the neighborhood tom that would torture the other cats in and leave unpleasant smells from marking his territory. I wouldn't be cruel to him but would run him off since no one could ever trap him.

A couple of years passed and my precious Nipper passed away at 14 years of age. I was heartbroken. I begin to notice Tom was beginning to hang around more. He was causing problems fighting with my neighbors cats, be ran off to return a few hours later. One day he came up to me meowing in a meek manner as if to say help me! I am starving and needing love! He looked extremely ill so I broke down and gave him some of my little girls food that I had not donated yet. He ate and was back the next morning. My neighbor was not happy about this new situation. I decided to put him in the TNR program, figurine once he was neutered he would be unhappy and on his way.

Amazingly he allowed me to pick him up, place him in a carrier, then drive him to our local shelter. He seemed sad when I left but I advised I would return in a couple of days to bring him back to his community. I remember that when I did return for him, he looked so sad and was like a limp dishrag with the worker carried him out to me. He saw me and the body language changed immediately. I remember thinking he is happy someone returned for him!

Needless to say he lived with me as an outside kitty for three years. He loved his heated house. Played with my neighbors cats and never roamed far from home. People would walk by and say is that they cat that use to roam the streets and I would advise yes and that could not believe how beautiful he had become.

He was my protector! Anybody strange that would come to visit would be meet by a glare and while in my house he would sit on the porch doing his crying which all said sounded like him screaming mom mom mom!

On Sunday night, October 21st at 10:30 would be the last time I would see him. Gave him a late snack and a few rubs on the head and said rest well! Mom will see you at 5:00 am for your breakfast. Monday morning he was not there! Looked for him but could not find. Left for work thinking he had went on a rare adventure. That evening no TomTom when I got home. Started looking, making phone calls, place missing signs, etc.

One week later received a call from a man who lives one street over. He had found TomTom dead in the yard on Tuesday. Advised me there was no apparent injuries and that he looked like he had just fell asleep there. He had disposed of the body and had only seen my sign earlier on Sunday morning.

I hope that he is wrong that is not TomTom! But I have had no other calls or sightings of this little boy. My heart is broken! I believe I will see him again and that he is looking over me if he has crossed the bridge.

Love you TomTom! Hoping for a sign that you are alright and happy!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for seeing beauty and love where others only saw a mean and menacing cat.....you showed him love and he you, I am sorry for your loss.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, he is just fine now and knew love here while on Earth thanks to you, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chillytj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! He was such a good boy!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful story you told us, and how kind you were with him when he asked you for help.
You made me cry because your story sounds like mine with a ginger cat named Tom who chose to stay with me after a life of stray life and wandering. And stayed with me for a bit more than 2 years.
He was skinny and sick when he arrived, he was good looking and well fed when he got sick and left me a few weeks later.
Tom, A Friendly And Generous Cat

All good ginger cats are named Tom, and I think there's a place in heaven where they come from to bring happiness and love on Earth before being called back to that nagic place, ready for their next mission.

RIP Tomtom, until your next trip on this planet.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave him the happiness he deserved and will be blessed for it. He gave you joy and someone to love.
I cried, and my heart soared when I read that his whole demeanor changed when you picked him up from the vet. He, at that moment, knew someone cared for him in this cruel world, and came back for him! Bless you!
He lived the world he wanted, you know he would have never been happy to be shut up inside, away from the outside he loved so much, that he ruled and was a part of. But being outside always brings the chance of sudden death. I know this much more than most, having buried so many of the abandoned cats that are ill prepared and lost in the cruel outside world and show up at my house. My heart breaks and remembers each and every one.....
Tomtom will be forever near, as near as your prayers and thoughts. He shared your life's journey for a little while, and now the new path he follows will forever follow your own, bonded together by the love you built, link by link.
Let your precious memories of happier times comfort you in your time of sadness. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and your love for each other never will.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Nipper and he are together now, drawn together by the love they both shared with you. They will both wait in their own little patches of sun until the day you are all together again. Please know he took a little piece of your heart with him when he went, but he left behind a piece of his own, so try to celebrate his life, not make his death more important and consuming. He would never want that for the one he loved above all else, the one who literally saved him!
RIP precious Tomtom. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cried too, reading this sweet tribute. I'm so very sorry for your loss. TomTom was a doll. RIP Sweetheart.

Chillytj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your ginger kitty was a prince too! Tom Tom was always looking out for me and I believe he will continue to do so! He was a champion of baby kitties and on more than one occasion bought a stray cat with a kitten or two to my door. He would always let Mama and baby eat first, knowing that I would give him more. I still look for him but realize his little spirit is always with me.

Thank you for kind and considerate thoughts. Perhaps the two gingers have teamed up and will continue to do amazing things.

Warm regards!

Chillytj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you for the beautiful words! I believe he is still with me and will continue to watch over me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Tomtom, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Bless you for giving this street cat a place and a person to call home, a soft spot to land, and a haven.