Important Please Help

Please Help Me

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So this kitten im not fully sure its age but it has open eyes and no visable teeth yet, it has been great super lively ((it is not my first bottle kitten)) and everything then suddenly today i havent been sleeping much just to check on it and feed it constantly, i feed it about every hour or so sometimes it drank alot sometimes not? but it suddenly today is limp respond only a little bit but barely, it was found in the barn and may have other injuries but none i could see and its been in the house a couple days now ive been caring for it, it is sleeping right now but im scared cause it is limp mostly unless i really try to push it to respond i put it on a heating pad, im scared my last two ones i rescued and raised survived but before them i was having bad luck and i cant stand the idea of loosing this kitten....please.. ill add some ima insert a couple picture i took before this happened... the one of the person in the dress holding it is when it was first brought in. it got better which is scaring me even more, i have put all i have into this kitten.... the other cat that it was climbing on is one of the two i had that survived, her name is chubbs from the last ones i saved, because it is important for cats to have interactions i let the kitten mess with chubbs for a little bit because she is a gentle kitten.well not that small anymore but...and my family dont have the money for a vet..... _update_ it recently started moving on its own but im worried even though its getting better it may still go downhill, it is a very energetic and strong kitten i just hope it will be okay...any advice???...

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there no way to get it to a vet?
What are you feeding it? My preference is KMR and goats milk. Raw if you can get it, if not pasteurized is ok. 1 part KMR (powdered) to 3 parts goats milk.
How are it's stools?
StefanZ StefanZ has a recipe for a quick pick me up that may help. Also @Sarthur2 may have some ideas. Hopefully, they'll see I tagged them and show up with something else for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Please Help Me

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
im feeding it the same stuff i fed my other kittens and i cant get it to a vet cause like i mentioned we do not have the money for vet fees..... Ultra 24

Please Help Me

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
stools are normal i have raised kittens before i think it has respiratory pneumonia

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
im feeding it the same stuff i fed my other kittens and i cant get it to a vet cause like i mentioned we do not have the money for vet fees..... Ultra 24
Mix some water with honey or white caro syrup and smear it on the lips and gum. Gives quick energy.
Begin with this asap

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No one is questioning your experience. It's just that the more information we have, the more likely it is we can help. Don't get defensive, you are the only one who has info on this kitten.
I have experience with Coccidia/Giardia. Since the stools are normal, this doesn't appear to be it. Maybe someone else has experience with respiratory issues that can help you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Proceed with pedialyte bough or homemade.

Recipe: a cup 150 ml water a trifle kitchensalt preferably minerale 1 teaspoon of honey or white caro syrup , a trifle baking soda.

Give as much needed. If you think kitten downhill and digestion stopped, stop kmr / goats milk proceed with just pediaalyte.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? City and state will help. Maybe we can help to find a rescue nearby.

Please Help Me

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
somebodies advice already helped, and even so i didnt want a shelter i just needed some tips so i didnt feel as useless and could help it more than just hoping it could fight it....thank you very much though

Please Help Me

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much...this kitten has always been a fighter and it was starting to move a little bit afterwards but after i used the honey stuff its back to wriggling and crying and everything else((it has its strength back)) thank you very very much...i felt really useless cause all i could do was hope and keep it company and rub it when its breathing slowed.....

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
and even so i didnt want a shelter i just needed some tips
If the life of an animal is on the line you need to swallow your pride and take that animal to someone who can care for it. I know the kitten is better now but maybe next time it won't be