im still awake

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
its quarter to 1 and i got the radio on listening to the music and the killers is on Mr Brightside love this tune

and just to make tonight better, i woke blaine up to say can we go clubbing and he saud we can tomorrow so i dont know if he means "tonight" or tomorrow "sunday" i think he may mean sat night lol

insomnia rocks when theres music like this on, Dizzie rascal on now hahaha

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have insomnia often? I've suffered with it for 10 years. It's very trying... I've had sleep studies and tried all medications available. All the doctors can tell me is that my body doesn't go into the REM cycle. I hope you find sleep soon!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rachel, have you tried melatonin? A combination of the immediate release and the time release (up to 15mg total is safe, but studies indicate that for insomnia actually 0.3mg - or 0.03mg (TEENEY) is actually most effective. They sell it in that small dose). Also, valerian has been shown in sleep studies to help you stay asleep.

Some people for whom prescription meds don't work find that the natural meds that boost your natural brain chemicals that make normal people sleep help.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't tried melatonin yet. I will have to give it a try. I was skeptical about it, but hey... couldn't hurt, right? Thanks!

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm going to have to try some to see if it will work for me. I have such an awful time falling asleep and/or remaining asleep. I haven't found anything that works so far. Rx's tend to have the opposite reaction on me and really mess me up. I end up being up for days.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BABZ

I'm going to have to try some to see if it will work for me. I have such an awful time falling asleep and/or remaining asleep. I haven't found anything that works so far. Rx's tend to have the opposite reaction on me and really mess me up. I end up being up for days.
Wow, that's terrible! Most of them have no effect on me.
Ambien made me hallucinate and do some pretty strange things during the night. I use Trazodone which is a very old drug and I've been using it for years. I have to constantly change the dosage around. Right now it still takes me forever to go to sleep, I have trouble staying asleep, and I'm really groggy in the mornings.

I feel like I've hijacked this thread... wasn't my intention... sorry!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
hey dont worry about it ive been up since about half seven so i really havent had a great deal of sleep but i feel fresh as a dasiy

i get bouts of it i can sleep for weeks being fine then all of a sudden i cant get to sleep and i might get an hour or two if im lucky