I'm so frustrated....ladies, advice? (yes, another health rant!)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

Addison's is so rare, a doctor isn't going to go off and test for it for no reason. From your posts, I wouldn't think you have Addison's at all, and wouldn't even consider it.
If you mean anyone else - it's probably not even remotely likely, though hormone levels can be off for other reasons.

If you meant me, I have some weird things that make no sense - sodium levels test low normal, but I have to eat a lot of salt to get it there. Even eating 5g a day can't push it up to mid or higher normal range. I also have blood pressure that is constantly low, falling as low as 50s/30s (that low doesn't make that much sense with my NCS diagnosis). The one thing that would definitely point away from it, though, is that I cannot get my potassium within normal range and keep it there. Supplements do nothing and IV (lactated ringers) doesn't even make much difference.

Whatever else is going on, florinef would probably be help...

But as for "rare". Once you have something and talk to several others with it you realize rare probably isn't the right word, but maybe under diagnosed is. Such as those with thyroid problems tend to be.

Speaking of salt... the grocery store closes soon, I'm suddenly really wanting fritos.