im so depressed....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone for the good vibes, sometimes its nice just knowing other people have been there. We both agreed we are going to start doing something little everyday. I even made a few garbage bags already and theres a difference. I also have an open space on the kitchen table thats not mounded with clothes! so maybe ill do the rest of the kitchen table when i get home.

do you know that i still have boxes and bins of stuff in the garage from 2 years ago when i moved in with BF? well when we get that dumpster im throwing everything in and the clothes ill throw in a bag and take to the good will.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to share a story about my sister and her clutter.

I went to California to visit her after her beloved Bo (American Eskimo) died of lymphoma in 2005. Bo was my sister's soul mate, and she quit her job, and spent months caring for him and trying to ease his suffering.

When I walked into her house, I was appalled by the clutter...no, squalor, that I found. She had totally ignored EVERYTHING, and spent every waking moment caring for Bo. I spent the entire two weeks that I was there, cleaning her house and working in her yard (I think it took me 3 days, for just the kitchen/refridgerator!) She was so depressed, that she barely acknowledged me, and rarely left her bedroom...sleeping helped her cope with Bo's death. When I left, her house (with the exception of her bedroom) was completely spic and span, and the yard was presentble. She was so incredibly grateful, and I know she was too overwhelmed to tackle it herself. I have to admit, I got a few phone calls after I got home, because she couldn't figure out where I put something, lol. To this day, she's only had a couple of minor relapses in the cleaning department, but she's never gone back to the mess she had when Bo died. Sometimes it isn't a bad idea to enlist the help of someone else. Someone who doesn't have all of the emotional attachment to all of the "stuff." There's times I wish someone would clean my basement for me....and throw out all the "stuff" that I'm emotionally attached to!!! I'd probably never miss any of it, once it was gone...but I can't bring myself to toss it!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm the same way - very cluttery, etc. in my experience, unless you're REALLY willing to make a change, then cleaning/neatening up this time isn't going to help in the long run.
i finally hired a housekeeper once a month. this forces me to do some minor picking-up [so that vacuuming/etc. can be done] that i otherwise simply wouldn't do.
i live alone, the clutter doesn't really both me - but it's nice when the floors/counters are clean & neat. just not nice enough that i'll bother to do it.
oh, & if you haven't used something in a year, you're doing the right thing by simply getting rid of it [tossing or donating]. obviously, you haven't NEEDED those things!
good luck!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

thanks everyone for the good vibes, sometimes its nice just knowing other people have been there. We both agreed we are going to start doing something little everyday. I even made a few garbage bags already and theres a difference. I also have an open space on the kitchen table thats not mounded with clothes! so maybe ill do the rest of the kitchen table when i get home.

do you know that i still have boxes and bins of stuff in the garage from 2 years ago when i moved in with BF? well when we get that dumpster im throwing everything in and the clothes ill throw in a bag and take to the good will.
GREAT JOB!!
We're all pulling for you! Keep up the good work!