I'm New And 3 Strays I'm Trying To Tame And Adopt

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I"m new to the forums but wanted to introduce myself as well as the 3 stray cats I'm trying to tame and adopt. The calico I call Shaman, The ginger one I call Treasure and the black persian I call Shadow. Shaman is the bravest of all of them so far. She showed up almost a year ago when I fell and fractured my humerus and hung around a lot during my sad times. She's a permanent fixture in my back yard right now. She hangs around with Treasure a lot and Shadow is a like the tolerated 3rd wheel of the threesome.
Shaman poses.jpg
Treasure relaxing.png
Shadow attempts mind control.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I bought some cat toys but they don't know what to do with them. I'll leave them outside though, hopefully they'll figure them out.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Good luck with taming and getting Shaman, Treasure and Shadow to trust you. :petcat: All 3 are gorgeous cats. :catlove:

BTW, we have a Caring for Strays and Ferals fourm where you can also post a thread to get advice/support from some of the experienced feral/stray cat "parents" who may not check out this particular forum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm checking that out. Just a moment ago I was outside breaking up and bagging limbs and twigs. Had the food outside about 3 feet from me and Shadow came to eat while I was breaking twigs. I made sure to not make any fast movements and watched her from the corner of my eye. I also run a private cam on them when I'm inside to see what they're doing. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and hope we can help you with any advice or support to win over these 3 beauties and bring them into your home. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your accidental fall and fracture but hope you are feeling better now. :crossfingers: Best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress with the cats.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
D2BFAD18-985C-437F-8B71-EC6721DF5DDC.gif
MoonstoneWolf, Shaman, Treasure and Shadow, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
890F4BAB-26F7-4734-AA9D-2F6CC165A62A.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for taking interest in taking the kitties in and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!
Shaman, Treasure and Shadow are all gorgeous cats! :loveeyes:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your beautiful clowder! SUCH lovely cats, and so lucky to have found you! DO spend some time in the Ferals and Strays forum, and be sure to post your adventures and experiences there! We have several folks who have been phenomenally successful with turning ferals into house cats.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Thanks for making the good effort with these three good-looking kitties. :redheartpump: