Im lost

Squinkie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
is this the right forum for this?? Idk I hope it is
So on october 28th, my neighbors lovely cat Mr. Bingus was ''attacked" by a large animal and he died according to the vet
His owners are definetly not bad people btw, he just took a liking to me and befriended me
I do not know how long he was out there for, but I walked outside and found him half dead
The only thing that was noticeable was a little bit of blood coming from his nose. I looked him over and he also had two patches on his side that were a lil bit frozen but no blood. He could still walk but barely, so I carried him to his neighbors house and thats the last I ever held or seen him again.
I dont think he was hit by a car, or attacked by, lets say a coyote. He wouldnt be alive if it was a coyote. Do you think he was kicked by a deer? Or something else. I need insight

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If the owner's took him to the vet and told you what they told you, and that is all they told you, you kind of have to let it go.
You could ask for more information from the owners, but that is about all you can do. He very well had internal injuries, hence the blood coming from his nose. He is gone, and not suffering, regardless of what happened to him.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry. Blood from the nose could indicate internal injuries. It’s hard to know. Large animals sometimes shake a cat resulting in injuries. The frozen spots may have been moist. If the vet determined it was an animal attack, I assume the vet has reason for thinking this. Most deer don’t pay a lot of attention to a cat unless it is mating season. Even then, unusual. I don’t know where you live but I would think more about a dog or human. Again, I am so very sorry. I’m glad you found him in time to get him home. You gave him comfort. Thank you for being there for him.