I'm hungry but too tired to eat!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was supposed to go to dinner tonight with a friend.

She was supposed to pick me up at 6:15 pm. She called me at 5:30 and asked if we could go at 7:30 pm instead. I wasn't very keen on that idea because it would mean being out later than I had planned and I'm quite tired and have a very busy day at work tomorrow (a full clinic and I won't even get coffee or lunch breaks and I'll probably be there overtime after work too!).

7:40 pm comes and the phone rings. I expected that it was her calling to say she was downstairs. It was her! Only she was calling from her house across town to tell me that she was still home and if we could go at 8:30 pm instead.

Seems she decided to sit down and look around the internet and try and book tickets to Vegas.

I told her that 8:30 pm is too late and that we would have to go another evening because I was too tired now and was going to be in bed by 9pm if not sooner!

So now I'm hungry, nothing simple in the fridge to eat and I'm too tired to cook anything. So I'll likely grab a granola bar and head to bed.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i keep crackers and string cheese on hand

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like triscuits and cheese too, but Nature Valley crunchy granola bars are a favorite bed time snack for me.

You are a good friend to be so understanding and patient.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

You are a good friend to be so understanding and patient.
Actually, I was quite ticked off! I didn't tell her that though. But this isn't the first time that we've made plans and she was either hours late or didn't show up.