I'm going to be an Auntie again today!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't really announce this anywhere else... LOL! But I'm going to be an Auntie again today for the...umm...let me count.... 7th time!! Today; or hopefully in no more than 24 hours.

I just got the message that my step-sis is in labor finally. Just 3 days past her due date. She lives in another state so I don't know when I'll get to see the lil guy; but man am I ever excited!!
I love being an Aunt; each new nephew/niece is as exciting as the last! But man are the holidays getting expensive!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys! I'm keeping a close eye on my cell phone.
There is no telling when he will arrive I know. It was a full 24 hours of labor for me. But I'm excited anyway. She is really private about stuff; so I know we won't get any updates till he is here and only her BF will be there. They live out of state but it's just a 4 hour drive. I bet my step-dad is ready to jump in the car now! He loves babies and was even there (but not looking
) for my daughter's birth.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the new family member! Any news yet?
I also love beeing an aunt! My sister have 3 boys and I have 2. The five of them are the age 1 to 9 and the both of us refer to all of them as "my boys" (that is she does as well)
Still we are glad that those 5 boys have 2 homes, we don't envy the ladies a 100 years ago, that had 15 children or so!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just checked in with my other step-sis since I haven't heard anything new from my Mom in a while. She thinks she is pushing now. She arrived at the hospital around 2 yesterday afternoon and it's after 10:30pm here. So this has been a REALLY long labor. I know what that is like. My own was 24hrs start to finish and my epidural wasn't working at the end. They say you forget; I haven't. So I feel really sad for her; not sure if that is the word. I just didn't want her to have to go through it like this. Poor thing.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I just checked in with my other step-sis since I haven't heard anything new from my Mom in a while. She thinks she is pushing now. She arrived at the hospital around 2 yesterday afternoon and it's after 10:30pm here. So this has been a REALLY long labor. I know what that is like. My own was 24hrs start to finish and my epidural wasn't working at the end. They say you forget; I haven't. So I feel really sad for her; not sure if that is the word. I just didn't want her to have to go through it like this. Poor thing.
Oh, poor thing! Hopefully it won't take much longer!
When I had my older son, they couldn't get the epidural in somehow, then it didn't work, then it only worked on one side for a very long time...it was all a torture that ended in an acute c-section.
When I had my younger son I was suddenly dialated up to 7, so they put up the epidural, which worked right away and was so perfect, that I could just relax and chat with the midwife and my husband and didn't feel a thing all the rest of the way (well, except for the enormous pressure).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is here! I don't have any stats yet but I got a text from my other step-sis and another from my Mom. I'm so glad that part is over for her!

I'm curious to know if she made it all natural or if she got the epi. They had to bolus mine at one point and then a few hours later it wasn't working again. I was in a LOT of pain...turns out I was in transition and they couldn't give me more because it was time to push.... 2 1/2 hours later my DD was finally born.